PNS Presentation Guidelines
All abstract acceptance notifications for the meeting have been sent. If you did not receive your notification, please contact meetings@PNSociety.com.
Poster Presentation Guidelines:
All presenters are required to upload an e-poster (converted to a 1-page PDF). You may also record a 3-minute voice over presentation. To upload your e-poster, please log-in to your account with your personalized access key (included in your invitation). If you cannot find your personalized access key, please contact meetings@PNSociety.com.
- Upload Your Profile Information
- Upload Your Photo
- Upload Your E-Poster (1-page PDF)
- Record Your 3-Minute Voice Over Presentation
- Recording Agreement/Consent Form
The deadline to complete your assigned tasks is Friday, 14 May 2021 (no exceptions).
The poster upload must be a PDF file at highest resolution possible.
- The aspect ratio (ratio of width to height) should ideally be set to ’16:9′
- The complete poster is limited to one slide only. That means one single page for your PDF file.
- Fonts should be sans-serif (e.g., Arial, Calibri, etc.)
- Minimum font size should not be smaller than 6pt
PNS Junior Members Coupon Code: A coupon code to register complimentary for the 2021 PNS Annual Meeting has been sent to all PNS Junior Members presenting abstracts. If you are a PNS Junior Member (those that have held an academic or clinical position for three years or less or are a current resident, student, or trainee) and you did not receive a coupon, please contact info@PNSociety.com.
Platform & Oral Poster Presentation Guidelines:
Please note, all oral presenters are also required to present an e-poster in the virtual poster hall gallery (please see poster presentation guidelines above). Additional technical instructions, inclusive of speaker training dates will be sent in advance of the meeting. Please be sure to watch for additional emails from meetings@PNSociety.com.
Scheduling Your Pre-Recording & Tech Check Dates:
All presenters are required to schedule a 15-minute ‘tech check’ prior to pre-recording their presentation with our audio-visual production team. This provides time for technical adjustments prior to your pre-recording date. All oral presenters will pre-record their presentations with our audio-visual team. A Calendly link has been sent to you to schedule your tech check and pre-recording dates. The deadline to schedule your tech check and pre-recording dates is Friday, 7 May (no exceptions).
Virtual Background & Branded PowerPoint Slides:
We encourage all speakers to utilize a customized PNS virtual background during the pre-recording and live event. Click here to download the image. All presenters are required to present PowerPoint slides during their pre-recording. Please click here to download PNS branded PowerPoint slides. PowerPoint slide size should be set to widescreen (16:9).
Oral Presentation Time Allotments:
PNS Platform Presentation: 10-minute pre-recorded presentation & 5-minutes live Q&A
PNS Oral Poster Presentation: 4-minute pre-recorded presentation & 1-minute live Q&A
NPC Oral Poster Presentation: 4-minute pre-recorded presentation & 1-minute live Q&A
IDNC Oral Poster Presentation: 3-minute pre-recorded presentation & 2-minutes live Q&A
Clinical Case Presentation: 10-minute pre-recorded presentation & 5-minutes live Q&A
Richard A.C. Hughes Clinical Science Highlights Presentation: 8-minute pre-recorded presentation & 2-minutes live Q&A
New! Guided Poster Hall Tour Presentation Guidelines:
The goal of the Guided Poster Hall Tours is to find commonalities among posters representing cross-specialties of peripheral neuropathy. We hope to maximize poster hall traffic and foster discussion amongst attendees. Each tour will feature 5-6 posters. Two senior tour guides will facilitate the discussion for each poster tour. Tour participation is first come, first serve, and limited to 50 participants per tour.
You are required to prepare three PowerPoint slides to present on the day of your tour. Please click here to download the PNS branded PowerPoint slides. You will provide a brief overview (5-minutes or less) and answer attendee and moderator facilitated questions. Please note that this presentation will be live. PowerPoint slide size should be set to widescreen (16:9).
Please plan to join your assigned virtual meeting room 15-minutes prior to your scheduled presentation time to ensure you have no difficulties gaining access.
On-Camera Presentation Tips:
- Secure a location free of distractions while on-camera.
- Control your background. Be intentional of what people will see behind you. Perhaps you have a neutral setting without a lot of activity behind which will focus attention on you
- Adjust your lighting. Be sure the lighting source is in front of you, not behind you so you do not get accidently silhouetted. You may place a lamp directly by your face for even steady lighting.
- Keep the camera eye level or slightly higher.
- Be sure to silence your electronic devices.
- Do not wear jewelry which might cause audio issues.
- Solid colored or large pattern tops present best. Avoid a bright white or dark black because they do not always look good on-camera.
- Do an on-camera test.
Additional technical instructions will be sent in advance of the meeting. Please be sure to watch for additional emails from meetings@PNSociety.com.